THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Company

     Well, I just hung out with KnightStar and his friends. This was us and two other couples. (Names changed to protect the innocent and the not so innocent)

     There was the awesome and fun couple Joey and Mai, and the lovely Tommy and his new fiancee Paris. We were hanging out at Tommy's place. The idea was movies and games. Most probably Yu Gi Oh and maybe Catchphrase or another group game of hilarity.

     When we got there Tommy and Paris had already eaten. No big deal. Just wish we had some forewarning so we could grab something before hand. Paris was watching some kind of dating shows that none of the guys want to watch and neither did I. (Not sure about Mai.) These shows, to me at least, were all about humiliation and debasement. The old newlywed game was far more entertaining than these. Of course Tommy did want put in a movie that he had rented from redbox (Kinda chickflick but with good deal of sex and naked shots.)
    
      She tried to tell us that we had to go downstairs (Much smaller TV) and watch our stuff there while she would use the big screen TV. Not to mention that with five of us, downstairs would be crowded and uncomfortable. Then of course she had to finish her shows before we could watch what Tommy had rented. She even tried to watch more of another show but let slip that she had already seen it.

     While watching the video of course the guys were making the usual cracks and jokes. Since they don't often see each other we have fun when we get together. (KnightStar, Joey, Mai, and Tommy use to work together) We were going to set up the Yu Gi Oh cards but Paris insisted that there were not going to be any cards. We were of course not happy with this but we acquiesced. Now Paris does live with Tommy so we did respect her wishes even though we don't like her wishes.
   
     During the movie as the guys started to do their own chatting here and there Paris decided to take offense to many of the most inconsequential things that we were all talking about. She took it out on poor Tommy here and there, then and again. We have seen this before. The belittling, the harassing, the insulting. I know KnightStar and I just can't figure out what he sees in her. She is always being bossy, dismissive, and condescending. Whenever we hang out she tries to control what we do as a group. Of course the longer this goes on the less we care what she thinks.
   
     We never really did settle on playing a game together. Big disappointment. We never really did settle on a second movie. I mean they kinda decided on one but not one that we all would enjoy. The conversations kept going in the usual way but with it getting nasty on Paris's part. I stopped participating in the conversation as I felt that I could not be nice if I did.

     I did have my precious Dolly with me (I need to blog a bit more about that) Last time we hung out together I had her then and was working on her black dress. This time i was working on a dress that had some detailed lacework. I had expected the boys to play cards while I knitted and chatted. Tommy asked me about the black dress so I showed him. I noticed Paris give me a look but I didn't acknowledge it. After a while I couldn't even concentrate on that or my DarkElves book that I brought. (ADD kinda sucks. )

      I was bored, tired and hungry. I also knew that Knightstar was not happy. Not with the movie and lack there of games, and definitely not with Paris. I wanted to tell him that I wanted to go home but we were in close quarters with the others and I couldn't sign to him so that he would understand.
   
     One thing I did not notice as he was on the other side of KnightStar, was that poor Joey was getting tipsy due to too much drink Vs. not enough food as well as being upset at Paris. KnightStar enlightened me to this when we got home.


      One thing that did get to me was one thing that Paris said. "These are your (Tommy's) guests, not mine." W.T.F! Hello! We are Tommy's guests! You know it! Then why the hell are you dictating our group fun. This group existed before you came along. ARGGG! ! !

0 comments: