THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Face

    So I decided on a whim to redo Dolly's faceup. I myself am getting better at doing faceups but still need practice. This will be fun. Here are some webcam pics taken of her current faceup as well as some camera taken pics. (My camera so needs batteries!)


I am going to try to do video of how I do faceups but if I can't figure out how in the hell to do video using the webcam I will at least take pics.

    First and foremost is cleaning off the old faceup. Rubbing Alcohol (91%) some cotton balls and a Mr Clean eraser. The first layers will be removed with the cotton balls and the rubbing alcohol. Just like removing nail polish. I refuse to use any other kind of cleaners. (W&N brush cleaner, Acetone. . .ect.) I have seen the damage that some of this has done to other dolls. From discoloration to eating away at the resin. Not good.

    I also plan at this time to fix the magnate in her headcap. It has come loose. So I will sand out the hallow and using super glue gel, put the magnate back. For this I plan on using a Homedics spa nail drimmle like drill to hallow out the hole and remove the old glue.

    Back to cleaning off Dolly's old faceup. Q-tips and a soft bristled toothbrush are also good things to have on hand for nooks and crannies. Specially the inside of ears, corners of lips and eyes and such. If you are removing a factory faceup you may have more trouble removing it since a lot of the time they airbrush the dolls and mix the pigments and sealant together. Now these pics are of her after the first cleaning. She still has pigments in the nooks and crannies and a bit of a thin film of dirty stuff. Once I get the first cleaning done, I give her a nice soapy water wash. A simple sponge cleaning. Then back to Alcohol cleaning but I use the Mr Clean eraser this time. If there are crannies that just don't want to clean, toothpics are useful. NOT METAL. I have heard of people who actually use knife blades to "scrape" off the pigment. What this does is scrape off the resin as well. Not on my dolls!





And I was able to do a bit of Video. Enjoy and have a laugh! It is my first ever video! OMG! I am a total Noob!

3 comments:

SilverThornRose said...

Okay. So I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with the comments. Lets hope this works.

Kyta said...

I think they work now. <3

SilverThornRose said...

Awesomness! Thanks for your help!